Looking to explore a new program? Re-styling your room while at home? Have dreams of designing and customising your own creations? Or just want to advance your creative skillset?
Join LCI Melbourne’s magnetic force, Mireille Oberholster, Sunday 27 September; between 2-4pm; for an innovative introduction to SketchUp! Our Thinking 3D workshop will guide you through the basics of SketchUp; teaching you how to draw, design and render.
Navigate the workspace, turn your drawings into 3D sensations and personalise with your own designs! Then apply the skills learned to your own interior’s projects, art and design study or creative endeavours.
During the 2-hour workshop, Mireille will introduce you SketchUp and teach you how to:
- Set up the workspace, start a new project and navigate around SketchUp;
- Locate and use basic 2D and 3D drawings tools (line, rectangle, circle, push/pull);
- Draw a table and bench; these commands and actions can be transferred for any basic 2D and 3D modelling on SketchUp;
- Modify your table and bench by adding your favourite textures and colours;
- Personalise your table and bench by adding your own image, pattern, artwork or design from a JPEG file;
- Export your design as a 2D image and add to your concept board or interior plan!
Connect with our creative community, master the basics of a new program and follow along with one of the industry’s best! Participate in the live event with a Q&A and experience LCI Melbourne’s collaborative online learning environment first-hand!
Achieve your styling and interior design dreams. Register your attendance above!
About Mireille Oberholster
An interior architect and designer from South Africa, Mireille has a love for design, styling and believes amazing spaces are often created with simplicity in mind. Mireille speaks several languages and has a master’s degree in Interior Design from Milan Polytechnic University.
She has worked in various interior design studios and for design retailers internationally; working on project collaborations for Milan Design Fair, Melbourne Design Week, Melbourne InDesign, IKEA, Space Furniture, Weylandts Home Outfitters and ASA Studio.
Mireille founded her own design studio hello-bébé focussing on children's creative spaces and is also the creative director for the cycling apparel brand Lumiere Cycling. Mireille feels as a designer we have an important role to play in changing how people work, live, sleep and enjoy doing everyday tasks.
As an educator, she feels it's important to enable art and design students to learn creative skills, adapting to changes in multi-sensory spaces. Mireille is currently leading innovative pedagogy for LCI Melbourne in the digital space, as the Director of Digital Experience.
Head over to Mireille’s website here
to learn more about hello-bébé and check out Lumiere’s innovative cycling apparel here
To ensure you get the most out of the workshop please make sure you have:
- A computer, tablet or device of your choice
- Access to internet
- A downloaded or online version of Google SketchUp (don’t worry this gem is free!)
- An image, pattern or design of your choice to render your object with
If you do not already have access to a downloaded or online version of SketchUp, simply follow the prompts and sign up for free 30-day trial here
; to use on the day of the workshop!