You can apply at any time, for a February, June or September start! Our trimester-based academic calendar, plus our two year fast-track degree option, means you can start now, and finish sooner than you might expect!
To apply for the Bachelor of Design Arts, you must apply directly to LCI Melbourne. There are two entry routes to apply: either Academic Entry or Creative Entry. International students must also meet the English language requirements detailed below.
An LCI Melbourne Admissions Advisor is responsible for initially assessing the eligibility of applications. This may involve consulting relevant guidelines to help establish the equivalence of an interstate or overseas qualification. LCI Melbourne considers completion of the International Baccalaureate Diploma program equivalent to senior secondary matriculation.
Applicants who wish to apply to LCI Melbourne through Creative Entry must submit a portfolio and attend an interview. Applicants who meet the criteria for Academic Entry do not need to submit a portfolio or attend an interview.
1. Academic Entry
- Year 12 Australian Secondary Education qualification with an ATAR of 60 or equivalent (domestic or international students). Australian Year 12 students may apply to LCI Melbourne with their predicted ATAR to receive a conditional offer; or also submit a portfolio and attend an interview to guarantee entry regardless of the final ATAR result;
- A recognised Diploma, Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree qualification in a field related to the design arts (obtained in Australia or internationally).
2. Creative Entry
- Having prior industry/work experience, and/or completed units of a degree, associate degree or diploma from an accredited institution, plus successful entrance interview and folio presentation;
- Submission of a design portfolio (6-10 pieces of original creative work), plus successful entrance interview;
- Participation in a pre-selection kit (when no design portfolio exists), plus a successful entrance interview.
Additionally for International Applicants
Equivalent IELTS 6.0 (Academic) with no skills band less than 5.5
Ready to Apply? Read the steps to apply.
All applicants for Creative Entry to LCI Melbourne are required to submit the application form, and then attend an interview and present a folio of recent creative work. Find out more about how to prepare for Creative Entry.